Re: Swapping tires at the dealer?

From: B1LLYW@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 21:04:59 EST

In a message dated 2/12/03 9:00:19 PM Eastern Standard Time,
andylevy@yahoo.com writes:

<< Has anyone done this? I know the GY Wrangler RT/S coming on the new
 truck are pure crap, but the BFGs I just priced on TireRack.com are $160
 each! Has anyone ever had a dealer swap tires for them and then paid
 the difference? If so, how did you approach the dealer with the
 proposal? Roughly what would I be paying? Or should I look for a
 regular tire shop in town where I get the truck and have it done there?
 --
 -andy >>

When I bought my '02 a local tire shop offered me $200 for my take-off
Badyears towards a set of BFG's. I put them in the paper and got $250 for
them. I'd pitch it to the dealer and see what you can get but don't hold
your breath.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x42 SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD