RE: New Here...

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Wed Feb 12 2003 - 22:25:31 EST

Welcome Steve and Tarona!

Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of Dakota Reading
List
Sent: Wednesday, February 12, 2003 10:07 PM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: New Here...

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to speak up, instead of lurking out here in the shadows.

We just got our first Dakota, a 2003 Quad Cab with all the available options
except the leather upholstery and the roof rack. The wife doesn't like
leather, and I think a roof rack on a pickup looks silly...

We traded in our 2000 Dodge Ram conversion van (got raped on that deal!) so
now we have the Dakota for the wife and the '97 Ford Crown Victoria Police
Interceptor for me.

So far (aboput a week now) the Dakota has been a lot of fun. We have the
4.7 V8, so there is plenty of pwer, and although it rides a little stiff, it
seems like we'll really enjoy having it.

As time passes, I'll be asking questions about certain things: some to
improve performance and some cosmetic. At this moment, I really don't know
what's available and worthwhile.

The two things we've added so far are an aluminum roll-up tonneau cover and
a nice thick, sticky rubber mat for the bed, I like the tonneau especially.
I was thinking of getting the fiberglas tonneau until I saw this model at
the accessory shop.

We live out in the high desert in southern California, about 60 miles SW of
Death Valley. Las Vegas is about 230 miles away...LA is about 90 miles
south.

Suggestions and sources for parts will be appreciated!

Steve & Tarona Stanfield
Ridgecrest, CA