Re: AOL Blocks DML?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 14:07:28 EST

JAMEPC@aol.com wrote:

: I recently posted several questions to the DML but I havn't received my
: original or any replies. I know they did actually post because I received a
: personal responce from somebody that did see them. Is there any settings I
: should know about so I receive all DML posts? I know- GET RID OF AOL!!!!!
: Any other suggestions?

   Yes, AOL is a bit goofy that way. As best as I can figure, their
e-mail systems sometimes determine that DML mail is spam, and never
bothers to deliver it to their users. This seems to be especially
true for messages that AOLers send to the DML. (AOLers not getting
their own posts back from the DML has been a common problem.) Something
I have done to try to counteract this problem is to write a resender
which will send posts which are from AOLers back to the sender in a
separate message, which seems to help to get it past AOL's spam filters.
I have to activate this feature on a member by member basis, so if you
would like me to add you to this "AOL resend" list, just let me know
and I would be happy to do so.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'