Gas Prices

From: David (dodgedakotaquadcab@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 15:23:29 EST

Even if gas in your area is $1.75 a gallon,consider
this:

1 gallon of milk..................$1.92
1 gallon of cranberry juice.......$3.19
1 gallon of Tropicana O.J.........$3.99
1 gallon of SoBe energy drink.....$5.00

Unless u can refine your own gasoline,dont get so
bitchy about fuel prices.All the people driving gas
guzzling cars & trucks arent the only causes.

Next time some of you drive like idiots,mashing the
throttle,you might think twice..

The airlines use massive amounts of fuel to fly their
planes,but if all the airlines were flying the Boeing
757(most economical)or the 737,it would help.

Now,does anyone know what mode of transportation can
move a ton (2000 lbs) the farthest on a gallon of
fuel???

The Railroads

(and u thought the Dakota was the answer) ;)
--- Tubamirbls@aol.com wrote:

> Hi Jay
> You're right I think, the gas mileage depends so
> much on driving "style."
> The 4.7 engine is very eager hence the temptation to
> drive it more
> aggressively and end up with what seems to be about
> a 12 to 15mpg typical
> from many of the List members.
>
> I have a 3.9 which developed a severe ping at about
> 30k mi so I had the
> dealer make a computer adjustment (timing retard)
> which completely eliminated
> ping on 87-regular. It had no impact on my mileage,
> 19-21, but it did take
> the edge off the engine's pep. It is still very
> adequate even with a
> substantial cargo load and a modest trailer with the
> 3.55 axle. With the
> trend in gas prices I'm glad I have good performance
> and mileage on 87 gas.
> I'm getting as good a mileage with an automatic as a
> couple of guys around
> here are getting with the same truck and the manual
> trans w/3.21 axle. About
> the only difference is that @ 65mph their engine is
> turning about 150rpm
> slower than mine and based upon our driving style
> differences I guess we're
> about even on mileage.
>
> Paul Sahlin

=====
Digger
Madison,Wi
00' Dakota Quad Cab 3.9 R/T
Hobbies: Railfanning,Car/Truck Shows,Model Railroading(HO)
Homepage: "http://msn.communities/MyDodgeDakotaQuadCabsHome"