RE: 45rfe filter source

From: Glen Armas (gdarmas@attbi.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 19:23:10 EST

I just replaced mine and ran into the same challenges..... Currently, it's a
dealer item only part, but it is not recommended to use aftermarket.. the
trannys are so tempermental that any unstabilities can cause damage. Also,
get a tranny drain plug kit; it will make you life alot easier next time.
And, most important: make sure you install the seal in the tranny before you
install the filter...VERY IMPORTANT!!!!!! and only use +3 fuild....

later