Re: New Here...

From: andy levy (andylevy@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 20:06:14 EST

Dakota Reading List wrote:
> We just got our first Dakota, a 2003 Quad Cab with all the available options
> except the leather upholstery and the roof rack. The wife doesn't like
> leather, and I think a roof rack on a pickup looks silly...

Welcome! I've got an '03 QC on the way myself. I think they're still
rare around these parts. This will be Dak #2 for me. Mine's pretty
well loaded as well.

> So far (aboput a week now) the Dakota has been a lot of fun. We have the
> 4.7 V8, so there is plenty of pwer, and although it rides a little stiff, it
> seems like we'll really enjoy having it.

That you will. It's riding stiff mostly because, well, it's a truck.
Check your tire pressures though. You'll want to run a couple pounds
less in the rear tires unless you're hauling a load. Makes a *big*
difference.

> As time passes, I'll be asking questions about certain things: some to
> improve performance and some cosmetic. At this moment, I really don't know
> what's available and worthwhile.

Worry not - we'll spend your money in no time. I've got a TON of stuff
to buy for my new truck, it's going to cost me a fortune in the first 2
months I have it.

> The two things we've added so far are an aluminum roll-up tonneau cover and
> a nice thick, sticky rubber mat for the bed, I like the tonneau especially.
> I was thinking of getting the fiberglas tonneau until I saw this model at
> the accessory shop.

Personally, I'd opt for a spray-in bedliner. Plenty sticky and full-bed
protection.

--
-andy

http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com -------------------------------------------- modesty, n.: Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness --------------------------------------------