PCM and Temp??

From: kc8lbn (kc8lbn@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Feb 14 2003 - 19:42:10 EST

Ever since I put my Robert Shaw 180 stat in my truck has not run (on a
mechanical guage) over 140 when driving, on occasion it will go to 160 while
sitting at a long light. My problem is now that I put the mopar pcm in it
gives me a code saying engine not up to temp a code 17 I think. So I get
home tonight and let it rev at 2000rpm in the driveway for 20 minutes it
will go up to 200 degrees and the stat still won't open. System is still
under pressure? Should I change the stat or look at something else?

Truck is a 95 4x4 5.2.
Thanks for any time and help..

--

Jason Bates kc8lbn@attbi.com