Dynomax muffler for 5.9

From: Michael / Suzanne Farich (farichms@westol.com)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 09:40:34 EST

If you'd like a bunch of audio clips and flow bench data for a couple dozen
different mufflers, Tom Hand publishes a CD ROM with this for $10 called
"Silent Power". It will let you make informed tradeoff decisions between
sound level, tone and flow data. Either buy it at
http://www.performanceyears.com/ or email Tom Hand at thand@kc.rr.com and
he'll ship you one for the same $10. This is a Pontiac V8 community
oriented product, and the author is also a long-time small-block mopar
muscle enthusiast.

My interpretation of the data was to use a pair of Walker Dynomax Hemi Super
Turbo 17749 and an "X" synchronizing crossover for the 2.5" duals on a
"quiet" daily driver 455 Pontiac car, a Goerlich XLerator X140 or X141 model
http://www.goerlichs.com/goerlichs/products/mufflers/gxlerator1.htm for the
3" single exhaust on a small-block pickup with a "quiet" single exhaust, and
a pair of Goerlich X123's with an X for the "throaty" 3" duals on a
mid-sized big-block muscle car.

Mike Farich
farichms@westol.com