Re: Dynomax muffler for 5.9

From: Bill Knight (wknight40@comcast.net)
Date: Sat Feb 15 2003 - 18:42:03 EST

Well did the plugs and the homebrew intake today. Took the time to try
indexing the plugs. Heard some people have had good results and others say
it made no differance. I'll see when I fill up again. As for the plugs,
why does the manufacture put them in so blasted tight. Broke three and
smashed two fingers removing them. A few of them the whole vehicle was
moving trying to get them to come out. Granted they were probably the
original plugs and have been installed for about three years. Now to decide
on the best muffler, still leaning towards the Ultra Flo myself. Love the
sound it has.

""Bill Knight"" <wknight40@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Slightly OT but I don't think enough for the OT list. I just got a 2000
> Durango SLT with th 5.9 engine. Traded in the 97 Dakota with the 3.9.
> Loved the Dakota but family is growing and now so are the gas prices.
Well
> the first tank I got 17MPG. I put a Dynomax Turbo on the Dakota and and
got
> a significant torque and MPG gain for the cost. I'm looking at one of
three
> Dynomax mufflers from Jegs.
>
> Boss Turbo: $16.99
> HD super turbo: $62.99 (Primarly RV/towing)
> Super Turbo: $34.99
> Ultra Flo: $106.99
>
> Found the sound clips between the Flowmaster and Dynomax and liked the
Ultra