Re: Tonneau covers - lift or not?

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 17:22:55 EST

On Mon, Feb 17, 2003 at 04:26:30PM -0500, andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I think I'm going to go with a soft tonneau on the QC. Is there a big
> advantage to getting the ones that lift with hydralics, or is not worth
> the extra cost over the regular style? About all I can see is I'd be
> able to "open" the cover without having to remove it, which is a pain in
> the winter.

That seems to be a big advantage for people who live in cold weather areas.
I've been trying to decide whether or not to get a tonneau at all, and also
looking at various manufacturers.

I was pretty set on the Extang Tuff Tonno III until I saw the one with the
lifts. It's only about $75 more. I'm going to have to go to a store and
look at it, though. $75 seems awfully cheap for a good setup that isn't going
to be flimsy or anything.

The big advantage for me (doesn't get that cold here) would be the ease of
opening it to put stuff in the bed.

Has anyone got one? Comments?

-Bill

--