Re: Powerslot group buy

From: Bill Pitz (dakota@billpitz.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 02:12:09 EST

At 10:12 PM 2/18/2003 -0800, you wrote:

>Powerslots any good? Anything else out there worth mentioning?

Very good, from what I hear. I'm going to be putting a set on my truck in
the next few weeks. The main advantage is that the rotors stay cooler
which (in theory) prevents warping, thereby reducing the need to have them
re-surfaced, thereby increasing the life of the rotor (and my sanity, in
this case). A lot of Gen IIIs apparently have the problem of the brake
rotors getting too hot and warping easily. The pulsation caused by the
warped rotors as unbearable by about 20k miles on my truck. They're
getting to that point again, which is why I'm just going to replace the
rotors and hopefully avoid this problem altogether next time.

A good set of pads also helps. I'm going to go with Hawk pads because I've
heard a lot of good things about them and they are recommended by
Powerslot. I'm not going to cut any corners on anything as important as
brakes...

A few other companies also make slotted rotors, but I'm not sure of their
quality or durability.

-Bill

--
Bill Pitz <dakota@billpitz.com>