RE: What Wax to Use?

From: Neil W. Bellenger (neil624b@rochester.rr.com)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 09:06:22 EST

-----Original Message-----
On Behalf Of Gary Hedlin
Sent: Saturday, February 22, 2003 1:03 AM
To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net
Subject: DML: What Wax to Use?

However today I gave the truck a good hand wash, and noticed my paint
is starting to fade

Gary, This won't help with product selection but just a note about the
finish. It's probably the clear-coat not the paint that is getting dull.
Three years ago I had a local paint supplier put a quart of forest green
(code PG8) into spray cans for touch-up and painting the light bar I
fabricated. When I used the paint I discovered that when dry, the paint is
absolutely flat, no gloss at all.
All of the gloss comes from the clear-coat. If your clear-coat hasn't gotten
too thin from cleaning and polishing, I'm sure there are some good products
that will bring back the shine.