Re: Yukon Gear

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Sun Feb 23 2003 - 14:52:22 EST

I had two VERY BAD experiences with un-reputable service at Randy's shop
and would suggest to anyone to be extremely cautious or avoid Randy's
altogether. I'll spare the list of the details (unless someone really
wants to know) but in both situations his shop made mistakes and Randy
failed to honor his written warranty. If you are just buying parts from
Randy's, I'm sure you'll have a decent experience, but I would suggest
extreme caution in making sure that you get the proper parts the first time!

As for Yukon gears...I've never heard of them. Randy put some after-market
brand in my truck but I don't know what they were. When I replaced them
six months later I found the Dana/Spicer parts kit to be only a few $ more
expensive from a local vendor (It's been a while, but I recall that it was
less than $30 more for a complete kit of brand name gears, bearings,
etc.). I've also gotten good parts from Auburn and US gear. The Auburn
LSD in my brother's Ramcharger is excellent and was very reasonably priced!!!

Not trying to spoil anything, just be careful. Good luck and enjoy the
3.92's!!!

Kevin

At 12:50 PM 2/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:

>anybody here use Yukon gears in their rear-end? Randy's Ring and Pinion
>offers that, and i'm trying to see if those are good gears. i've also been
>told to use Richmond gears. i'm going with the 3.92 gears, as well as the
>Dana Trac-loc LSD, i'm just trying to get everything finalized, so i can
>place the order soon.

Kevin

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2, Mopar 8.25 rear-end, 3.92 w/factory trac-lok
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318, Dana 60 rear-end w/4.11's and factory Dana trac-lok

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244 (both with dana 1031's and open diff's),
'68 Volvo 122S (Dana 30 I think),
'98 Specialized Rockhopper A1FS, needs a limited slip rear-end :)