Re: Transfer Case Oil Capacity??

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 00:00:57 EST

OOPS, I meant that to say just about 2 quarts. The front diff that I just
drained takes a little over a quart. Sorry.

It takes just over a quart of ATF.

I put in +3 last time but I think I'll put in a light weight gear lube next
time for better protection of the parts. Rumor has it that the ATF is
spec'd for less friction AKA better fuel economy. ATF is not really a good
gear lube in my opinion...just my $.02 worth.

Kevin

At 05:53 PM 2/23/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> > How much oil does the transfer case hold? That's the only thing holding me
> > up
> > right now from changing all the fluids, and the owner's manual doesen't
> say
> >
> > anything. I have the part time case, NV-241 I think. I do think it's kinda
> > weird that the manual calls for either Mopar +3 or GM Dexron III,
> > considering
> > that they call for Mopar only fluid in the tranny, +4 in my case. TIA!!

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
            ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS