RE: Load Capacity

From: Gabriel A. Couriel (BigGabe@fiufiji.com)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 11:02:45 EST

i don't think any truck save a 2500 or 3500 can hold that much in the bed.
the most i've ever held in the back of my truck is 2 cubic yards of 50/50
mix. with that, the rear was on the floor, and i was scared shit-less.
850lbs is well within the capabilities of your truck, however, keep in mind
that the truck will sag with that weight (it won't look like normal).

for comparison, i held 1,100lbs of paver stones last summer, and the truck
was sagging, but not too bad. if the rear was on the ground, then that is
probably WAY beyond the 850lbs than advertised.

Gabe Couriel
http://frontpage.tripod.com/fijigabe0

Doing my best to cure ignorance since 1980!

---
1998 Dodge Dakota Club Cab
239ci V6 - 175hp
5 speed - AX15
8.25 Rear-end w/ 3.21 open differential

- Modifications -

Performance: Homemade Cold Air Intake, Flowmaster 40 Cat-back Exhaust, Autolite 3923 Spark Plugs, Mopar Performance 7.5mm Spark Plug Wires, Mobil 1 15W50 Synthetic Motor Oil w/ Mopar Performance Oil Filter.

Audio: Sony Mobile CDX 4180 AM/FM CD Player (40Watt x 4 Channel), Sony Xplod XS-R1610 6½ 3-Way Speakers (160 Total Watts)

-----Original Message----- From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net [mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net]On Behalf Of James Nelson Sent: Monday, February 24, 2003 9:49 AM To: dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net Subject: DML: Load Capacity

Question: What is the most weight you have hauled in the bed of your Quad Cab? I was suprised on friday when I tried to haul a crate that weighed about 850#. As they lowered the fork lift the whole back end of the truck just kept sagging closer to the ground ultil I finnaly called them off. I thought the Quad was able to haul about 1700# in the bed. What's the deal?

Jim Nelson '00 Quad 2X4 4.7 V8