Re: Load Capacity

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Mon Feb 24 2003 - 12:25:06 EST

James Nelson wrote:
> Question: What is the most weight you have hauled in the bed of your Quad
> Cab? I was suprised on friday when I tried to haul a crate that weighed
> about 850#. As they lowered the fork lift the whole back end of the truck
> just kept sagging closer to the ground ultil I finnaly called them off. I
> thought the Quad was able to haul about 1700# in the bed. What's the deal?
>
> Jim Nelson
> '00 Quad 2X4 4.7 V8

Not sure about your QC - but last summer I had 3500Lbs in the back of
the Dak... serious - thats over a ton and a half. I weighed in at the
dump scale at about 7100 Lbs total weight. I had a load of broken up
water soaked concrete, busted cinderblocks, and some sand... somewhere I
still have the scale slip to prove it.

The truck felt heavy - I drove it about 15 miles like that - but it
didnt scrape the ground. I installed new rear leaf springs earlier in
the year - which is the only thing I cna think of that allowed the truck
to carry that weight. They are higher capasity springs - giving the
truck a slight lift in the back when empty.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/