RE: Supercharging a v6

From: Downing, David GS-13 (DowningD@constellation.navy.mil)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 00:32:34 EST

It's the new ATI kit that still mounts under the truck, although it's
supposed to be a better location than the infamous GW kits. They're
mounting it horizontally, with a rubber scoop to direct air to the
intercooler...no thanks. I found a company in R.I. that makes their own
intercoolers for the Procharger kits they sell, and they mount them up front
in the lower valance, where they should be. They've had this kit available
for a few years now, but I don't think anyone even thinks about Prochargers
anymore because of the whole GW fiasco (at least not in the R/T world).
Anyway, this is probably who I'll be going with this summer for my blower.
Also, if anyone is looking for an intercooler for their Dak, they sell them
separately for around $600, check out www.sd-concepts.com. Of course I'll
keep everyone updated when I get it installed, hopefully May/June timeframe
(depends on when I get home), I'll also be doing before and after dynos.

-Dave
'02 FR RC R/T