Re: Load Capacity

From: KenCo (ken@kencofish.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 01:30:09 EST

James Nelson wrote:

> Question: What is the most weight you have hauled in the bed of your Quad
> Cab? I was suprised on friday when I tried to haul a crate that weighed
> about 850#. As they lowered the fork lift the whole back end of the truck
> just kept sagging closer to the ground ultil I finnaly called them off. I
> thought the Quad was able to haul about 1700# in the bed. What's the deal?
>
> Jim Nelson
> '00 Quad 2X4 4.7 V8

88 Dak, 1 extra bottom leaf (JCWhitney) and air shocks.

max ive had is 3000lbs (pallet of concrete)in the bed
(short trip)AND just barely touching the snubbers on bumps.

I normally/weekly carry 3/4-1 ton of granite
slabs.

hehe ;)

--
http://www.kencofish.com Ken Arnold,
401-781-9642 cell 401-225-0556

Please Note: No trees or animals were harmed in the sending of this contaminant free message We do concede that a signicant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.