Re: Load Capacity

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 10:48:56 EST

I've got a 2000 CC with the HD suspension on it and I've carried about 2500#
of paver bricks no problems. The rear sagged a tad but never bottomed
out... The load was evenly distributed across the entire bed area though.
I've also heard stories of people carrying around 1500-1800 # with the
hotchkis springs as well. I'd get those springs checked out! Either that
or the crate weighed way more than 850# or they put it too close to the tail
end of the truck.

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""James Nelson"" <jfnelson@satx.rr.com> wrote in message news:b3dbat$eek$1@bent.twistedbits.net... > > Question: What is the most weight you have hauled in the bed of your Quad > Cab? I was suprised on friday when I tried to haul a crate that weighed > about 850#. As they lowered the fork lift the whole back end of the truck > just kept sagging closer to the ground ultil I finnaly called them off. I > thought the Quad was able to haul about 1700# in the bed. What's the deal? > > Jim Nelson > '00 Quad 2X4 4.7 V8 > >