Re: RE: Gen II Headlight

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 11:16:48 EST

Bernd,
      I have heard some concerns that replacing the stock bulbs with others
such as the SilverStar can cause some concerns about the wiring getting too
hot and possibly burning up the lamp lens as it draws so much more current
and burns hotter. Does anybody on the list have any experience with this
and is it a legitimate concern? Also, what if you have headlamp covers,
such as Lund or GTS? Would I be risking melting these or starting a fire by
running with them on while driving with the SilverStar lamps?

Ray Irons
Dover, DE