Re: Ohio Revised Code and Clear Tail Lights.....

From: Dakota Reading List (barongrey@mchsi.com)
Date: Tue Feb 25 2003 - 20:09:00 EST

So...my 1946 Chevy was illegal because it had red taillight lenses, but no
built-in reflectors?

This sounds like one of those 'seldom-enforced' statutes that LEO's can
issue tickets for when they're having a bad day and want to spread the woe
around a little.

I wonder what he'd make of my Police Interceptor with the blue and white
strobes built into the headlights?

Have a WONDERFUL day!

Steve
-----------------------------
""Eric Giblock"" <egiblock@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> ok, after getting pulled over and cited for my clear corners, i'll post
this
> and help you all out...
>
> If you go to www.gibsdakota.com and check out my truck, you can all see
that
> my clear corners are the old style, and completely white/clear.
>
> Well, according to Ohio's Finest. This is in violation of code 4513.06
> because I had no red reflectors on the back of my truck (and the one above
> the back of the cab does not count.
>
> Here's The State Definition of the Code:
>
> § 4513.06 Red reflectors required. -- RC § 4513.06 is affected by Am.
Sub.
> S.B. 123 (149 v --), effective 1-1-2004. See the 2002 Legislative Bulletin
> No. 4 for the version effective 1-1-2004.
>
> Text of Statute
>
> Every new motor vehicle sold after September 6, 1941, and operated on a
> highway, other than a commercial tractor, to which a trailer or
semitrailer
> is attached shall carry at the rear, either as a part of the tail lamps or
> separately, two red reflectors meeting the requirements of this section,
> except that vehicles of the type mentioned in section 4513.07 of the
Revised