RPM Fluctuations?

From: Kyle Vanditmars (kylevan@telus.net)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 10:36:40 EST

Ok gents, this has been puzzling me for a while...

When I'm coasting (fully closed throttle,) and the indicated RPM drops below
1000, I start to hear the RPM go up and down very slightly. Maybe 100RPM up
and then back down to where it should be. The truck does this in both O/D
and 3rd, I haven't tried 2nd or 1st yet.

When I'm coasting at anything above 1000RPM, there is no fluctuation at all,
and when I'm cruising with any amount of throttle, it's steady as a rock.

So, what on earth is happening? TIA for any advice.