Motor Trend (APRIL ISSUE) Mistake quote with the Mopar Viper

From: Stlaurent Mr Steven (STLAURENTS@MCTSSA.USMC.MIL)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 11:57:58 EST

After talking to a friend at M/T, I had to correct him about the next CHEBBY
VETTE (Z06) with a whopping 500HP claim. His remarks were to the effect of
"...the next Vette in 05 will surpass the Viper."

I had to be the bearer of bad news to him and his buds from GM that the next
refresh Viper will come with the V-10 Hemi that will be in the 6XXHP range
not the 500HP old wedge version. As I said, "NOT IN YOUR LIFETIME BUD."

I guess he needs to remember that the PVO motto is "WE WILL DOMINATE THE
PERFORMANCE ARENA IN EVERY CATEGORY."

They were not kidding either.

Steven St.Laurent
C4I System Engineer
Engineering Branch, PSD, MCTSSA
MARCORSYSCOM, U.S. Marine Corps
Office (760) 725-2506 (DSN Prefix: 365)
"Information learn is power for the intellectual mind...".