Re: Re: SnowBear plow on your Dak?

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 00:43:57 EST

Neil W. Bellenger wrote:

> Tom, You've aroused my curiosity. Around this area, Western plows on
> contractors' pickups outnumber Meyer about 2 to 1. Occasionally I'll see a
> Fisher but they're rare. What is the mix in your area?
> I suspect it has to do with who has the best dealers or distributors in the
> region.

Hi Neil!

Well funny you should say that - I'll admit right off the bat that I
have also seen the same thing. I do typically see more red Western
plows than I do Meyers. However this past winder I saw more Meyers than
I did Western. I looked at 4 trucks for sale before I bought the Jeep,
  three 2500 Rams, and one 1500, and all had Meyer plows.

Perhaps its just me - but if you say snow plow - the mental image I get
is of a truck with a yellow blade. Its what I remember seeing as a kid
all the time - perhaps it just manifested itself into my brain that way LOL

Meyers parts and sales distributers are also not as common from my
experiance. Back in Chicago I had to hunt for a place - when I found it
- odly enough it was 90% Meyer biased. (stocked mostly Meyer parts and
had Meyer diagrams and posters etc.)

I honestly have not done a recent comparison on Meyer Vs Western prices.
     But I overheard a conversation at a repair shop up here in Wisc -
and the owner of the shop was promoting a Boss (I think?) plow over the
other brand he sold. I think the individual shops also have something
to do with the popularity of plows.

For the heck of it - It would be interesting, seeing some hard numbers
on sales of different brands of plows.

I also do not see many Fisher plows. I dont know if they still use that
triangle hook style lift device - but that alone (the asthetics of it) I
don't like.

Also now that I think about it - I saw a new 2003, 2500 RamHD with a
style plow I had not seen before - I think it was a Boss? The turn
signals were intergrated into the tube frame - and it had dual (seperate
high low bulbs) aerodynamic head lights. Had a very simple and easy
disconnect system.

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/