Re: M1 for V6?

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Sat Mar 01 2003 - 16:40:27 EST

"Gabriel A. Couriel" <BigGabe@fiufiji.com> wrote:

: have any of you entrepreneurs on our list (bernd, etc.) investigated the
: possibility of creating an M1 intake for the V6 engines? i know that it
: would be expensive to do (the need for castings and the lot), but i bet that
: if someone were to create it, DC or some other aftermarket company would
: purchase the unit for sale on their lines.

: what would be the cost of doing something like that (if it has been
: investigated), and if there is enough interest from those on the list, could
: we maybe push for its creation? i know that porting the stock intake
: manifold will yield some good numbers, but if we could get this done, we
: could get even greater numbers from our V6's.

   I've thought of the same thing :-) but I don't think its going
to happen - its just too darn expensive for anyone who isn't already
set up to cast intakes, and there's a double whammy due to the relatively
small demand for such a product. A company like Edelbrock with their
own prototyping and manufacturing facilities would be in the best
position to create such a thing, but again, probably never will due
to lack of demand.

  If you want an alternative intake, I would suggest having someone
weld up a sheet metal intake for you. Those aren't cheap either, but
it would be a lot cheaper than trying to create a cast intake.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'