RE: Auto to Manual Swap

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 00:53:01 EST

I don't think that applies to the '92 and '93's. If we believe Mopar
Performance, their catalog lists the same PCM for all '92 and '93 Daks,
*regardless of transmission*, federal, calif, 4x2 or 4x4. I'm using a
non-lockup A518 tranny in mine with none of the original wiring connected
(as would be the case if I had switched to a manual trans) and it works just
fine. It does set some codes but doesn't hurt anything. BTW, the speed
sensor is still connected, as it would be on a manual as well.

The MP catalog does show a unique PCM for '94 and newer manual tranny
applications.

HTH,
RayB