Re: Meets this Summer & Fall

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Sun Mar 02 2003 - 22:23:18 EST

----- Original Message -----
From: "andy levy" <andylevy@yahoo.com>
To: <dakota-truck-moderator@bent.twistedbits.net>
Sent: Saturday, March 01, 2003 11:09 PM
Subject: Re: DML: Re: Meets this Summer & Fall

> I don't recall the exact details of the situation as it was a year ago,
> but ulitmately we had to restore everything from tape. The whole thing
> wasn't my department - we don't do server hardware/base OS/DB stuff, I'm
> just a programmer. But I still have to answer to the end-users why
> their site is down.
>

> --
> -andy
>
> http://home.twcny.rr.com/andylevy/ --- andylevy@yahoo.com
> modesty, n.:
> Being comfortable that others will discover your greatness

I don't want to keep this thread going and I really am not busting on you it
was just a surprise. Amazing that the IT or management or even both of
larger networks have trouble realizing that you have to change how some
things are done when your network gets so large.

I feel for you too being a programmer. No different for us IT guys. If it's
a computer and it has programs then you know waht the problem is and how to
use advance programs because it's on the computer. This goes both ways for
either of us. I always love when someone in accounting is having a problem
with a part of the database (that was customized for thier specific needs)
and doesn't want to call that department and calls me. Umm, yeah I know how
to change it so it does that when you do this with that particular report.

Jeff Durling