Re: Disrespect to the Flag

From: Jason A Banta (jason.banta@louisville.edu)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 13:26:34 EST

Although I personally don't agree with her actions, I am proud to be
able to say that I live in a country where one is allowed to voice their
own beliefs either by words or by actions. From what I understand the
protest is about the impending war with Iraq.

They showed her on sports center the other night where a retired
veteran was holding a flag in front of her and yelling obscenities at
her.

>>> gtv684@hotmail.com 03/03/03 12:37PM >>>

  I realize this doesn't have much to do with a Dakota but I know there
are
plenty of GI's and other's on this list that take great pride in
country.
There is a female collage basketball player that is turning her back
during
the National Anthem in some form of "protest". There is a petition at
http://www.petitiononline.com/f2003us/petition.html that I would like
y'all
to view and if you feel compelled to sign. I don't know if it will do
any
good but this sort of behavior really pisses me off!

  Anyway, thanks for your time and feel free to pass this on....

Mark
95 CC 4X4
US Air Force Retired