RE: Problem with some members on this forum

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 13:55:15 EST

Steve,

Sorry to see you go but as the nature of any forum on the internet if
you bring it up here it will be discussed here. Sometimes you will get
the information or comments you like and sometimes you will not.

I do want to add a comment on this subject though. While the neon may be
perfectly capable of those speeds and doing it safely doing it on the
street no matter what the conditions are is not a smart move. The only
way that I would condone doing that type of speed on the street is under
a closed course condition. Yes, most of us speed to a degree but even at
3 am (or whenever it happened) doing excessive speeds like that is way
overboard. There is absolutely no way you can have every variable
factored in for safety on the street. This goes for another driver
pulling out, a pothole you didn't see, uneven surface that you cannot
see and the list goes on. Steve, I like most of what you contribute but
you have stated before about racing at high speeds either form red light
to red light or on the interstate. Please man, don't do it. Yeah, I've
done stop light races before and while they should not be done either my
speeds usually never got too far over the limit before the next one came
up. Doesn't make it right though.

I think all we ask is that you keep a clear head and enjoy your ride but
keep it safe man. Understand if you are going to make a statement about
that type of thing on this board or any other car board on the internet
you are going to get criticized for it.

Jeff Durling

Jeff Durling
Systems Administrator