Re: Hitch questions (was: We're not allowed in the RV show)

From: Terrible Tom (SilverEightynine@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 02:30:11 EST

andy levy wrote:
> Having pulled that trip in the opposite direction once (Jon's house to
> Clifton Park), I can tell you it's not fun. The NYS Thruway is one of
> the more boring roads I've been on, and 300 miles is a long way when 2/3
> of it is flat.
>
> I seem to recall making phenomenal time though, even with 200 pounds of
> Steigermud weighing me down. Dakota & I got some really weird looks
> from other drivers to keep us entertained.
>
> DML HQ is a day trip (but a long one) from here (Syracuse). The DML BBQ
> experience is about more than a day trip though - it's Adam BBQing every
> meal, the resonating snores in the barn, watching first-timers
> roll into Jon's driveway not know a thing about the carnage that's about
> to ensue. Ed just appearing out of nowhere (remember the "sidler" on
> that Seinfeld episode?), and Norah guilting everyone into "not weenieing
> out". Can't get that all in one day.
>
> And if you behave yourself, Jon's mom might bring out S'Mores fixin's :)

ARRUUUUUGHHHH!!!!! (running around in circles and yelling at the top
of his lungs)

This is torture! 5 more months of sitting and waiting for July to roll
around! AGONY AGONY!! ANd then what? It will be over in a flash! Than
back to agony again waiting for Daktoberfest (there has to be another
Daktoberfest - I can't wait 12 months for the 04 BBQ!

I don't think anyone can really know how revved up, stoked, fired up
waiting to get out there and tear the palce up, kinda cabin fever I
have! I have been for the past three months, working on a DML BBQ
project - and within the last two weeks I completed the remaining 80% of
  it (had to stop because of the move)

SO!! right on the heels of that project (will be announced within the
next week or so) right on the heels of that - I have been scrambeling
to get the BBQ meet report done - I'm ALMOST finished with it as of this
post. I'm handing a few CD's over to Jon when I get to his place Friday
night.

In short - I have been watching the DML BBQ Vids over and over and over
- looking at the DML BBQ pics over and over and over - re-reading the
archives over and over and over.. and now this frenzy of BBQ enthusisam
FIVE MONTHS AWAY!! ARUUGH! I'm going to go crazy!! Jon!! You better
put land mines down the air strip! Theres a good chance I'm going to
blow right past the barn and barrel down the strip and buzz around the
snow and ice packed trails, with an insane, crazed, wild eyed, lunatic
look on my face!!

I need to lay off the chocolate.....sugar and caffine is not helping....

....<twitch>.... <twitch>........

Terrible Tom

"It's a living thing... It breathes, it eats, ...and it hates..."

Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x2 Silver '89 Dakota Reg Cab, V6, Auto, 8 footer, 4x4 w plow - (aka Granpa) Green/Silver '95 Jeep Cherokee, I-6 HO, Auto, 4 door, 4x4

AIM Screen name: SilverEightynine Yahoo Messenger: SilverEightynine

DML Profile URL: http://www.twistedbits.net/WWWProfile/dakota/LkxxVw49jp7dU/