Re: Congestion

From: jon@dakota-truck.net
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 20:47:46 EST

andy levy <andylevy@yahoo.com> wrote:

: Tom & I were talking last night about (what else) the BBQ and discussing
: the throngs of people that will be in attendance. We already have a
: solid 8 trucks that will be on the trails and I'm sure that more people
: will be signing up - and we haven't counted the Jeep crew yet!

: We may want to think about splitting the group in two, either to have
: one at the pit and one on the trail, or both groups doing 2 separate
: trail rides, so we don't end up feeling like it's 8 AM on Monday in
: downtown traffic. I think there will be enough "experienced" folks
: around to handle trail leader duties. Anyone else's thoughts?

   That sounds do-able. One downside of the BBQ getting bigger is
that everyone can't be in the same place at the same time so we
don't all get to participate in all the action firsthand. But, I
guess that is true wether its two groups or one large group.

  If we decide to do something like that, I guess I should get
cracking on the "road signs".

  One downside of going in groups is that its nice to have everyone
in the same place down at the waterfall, and also at the pit. I
don't think I could stand knowing that there was a group making an
assult on the pit or (especially) the waterfall and I'm not there to
see it. :-) The only place that it seemed to me the large group
was a problem was on the trails themselves.

  Maybe we can come up with some sort of arrangement where there
can be a couple of different groups for riding trails but still
get everyone down to the waterfall in a group. Maybe splitting
the group between trail riding and the mud pit would work (seeing
as how most of us are pretty familiar with the mud pit by now)
in the morning, but then after lunch, organize the entire contingent
when heading down to the waterfall. We could probably even head
down to the waterfall in 2 or 3 different groups, which would
eventually bottleneck, but should be a more enjoyable ride in
general.

--

-Jon-

.---- Jon Steiger ------ jon@dakota-truck.net or jon@jonsteiger.com ------. | I'm the: AOPA, DoD, EAA, NMA, NRA, SPA, USUA. Rec & UL Pilot - SEL | | 70 Cuda, 90 Dak 'vert, 92 Ram 4x4, 96 Dak, 96 Intruder 1400, 96 FireFly | `------------------------------------------ http://www.jonsteiger.com ----'