Re: BBQ broadcast

From: jdurling@bellsouth.net
Date: Thu Mar 06 2003 - 22:51:57 EST

> Heck, no! I want to be on the ground where the fun is! :-) (Now,
> invest in some large helium balloons for the relay points, and now
> you're talkin'!) ;-)
>
> --
>
> -Jon-

Actually that would work you would just need to tether them, find a good
enough balloon (or balloons), a sutable lightweight power source, and a good
setup for the antenna (pringles would work but would be a narrow field I
would assume) Hmmmm.........

The weather service is now renting space on weather balloons for
experimental disposable relays for cell services. Trying it out to get into
mountainous and remote locations. With the amount they send up and the
number of relays that have been tested it's been working really well form
what I have read on it.

Jeff Durling