RE: RE: RE: RE: #24 FMS Injectors

From: Wisotzkey, Rich (Rich.Wisotzkey@gd-ns.com)
Date: Mon Mar 10 2003 - 15:01:16 EST

-----Original Message-----
From: RayB [mailto:bpracing@worldnet.att.net]
Sent: Monday, March 10, 2003 1:53 PM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: RE: RE: RE: #24 FMS Injectors

Actually Rich, I had little reason to suspect either one since the truck
only had 27,000 miles on it at the time. I installed the A/F gauge many
years ago and it had always shown lean at the track, even before the new cam
and M1. It was consistent though, so I just left it that way. Two years
ago it acted up a couple times as I was leaving Indy and the A/F ratio went
crazy so I suspected the O2 sensor. I bought one when I got back to
Columbus but when it never acted up again I didn't get around to changing
it. When I installed the Hughes cam and M1 I got greedy for even more power
and was about to buy bigger injectors. I then read about the Roe Racing
controller and how manipulating the map sensor could alter the A/F ratio.
That's what led me to trying a new map sensor and I just threw the O2 sensor
in at the same time. Now it's too rich and I need to fine tune it with the
Roe controller. Just need more time trials! :-)

RayB

Ray,
Mine now only pulls hard up to 5200-5300rpm, then the power nose dives. You
can literally feel it let-off. Change gears, and the same scenario repeats
itself. Before the cam change and headwork, I'd run it up around
6200-6300rpm without a problem; pulled the whole way. I don't think it is
the fuel pressure, though I am going to check that too.

So tell me about the Roe Racing Controller. I'm always open to learning
something new.
Rich