Mopar light bar for Gen II daks

From: Jeff Durling (jdurling@bellsouth.net)
Date: Wed Mar 12 2003 - 12:43:50 EST

In my search for the alluded light bar I ended up with two. I got
extremely lucky and found one without the lights (just a pair of KC
Daylighters) and started cleaning it up. I am almost done and a friend
ended up finding another one somewhere in texas. It's complete excapt
needing new lights but the bars have heavy surface rust on them. They
are not bent or gouged but need to be rechromed or painted. Of course
the abs plastic caps need to be restored but eastwood carries some good
stuff for that. Just to let anyone know I will be selling it but I
haven't come up with a price yet. He paid $75 for it and if I can get
that back out of it I would be happy. If anyone has ever thought about
having one apinted to match their truck or whatever else here is your
chance. If you have been looking then you know how hard it is to find
one of these things. I don't like seeing the surface rust on it but at
least it's not bent or destroyed.

If anyone is interested send me your email offlist and give me a week or
so to get some pictures together. If I find any small parts missing that
I missed I will let you know.

These were popular on the SLT+ sport 4x4's but were found on other
models as well.

My friend showed me a picture of the truck it came off of. I guess these
were tougher than I though because the bed was crushed back and down on
the drivers side right under the bar. It just moved down and out of the
way. Amazing it didn't even get a dent or get twisted. I did fit the
pieces together and it seems fine. I just need to verify all of the
small parts.

Jeff Durling