Re: 92 dak v-8 a/c and air cut out when accelerating

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 11:50:27 EST

I just tossed out the belly pan gasket as an Idea... one of the indications IIRC is a vacuum leak..

>>> k_kodiak2@yahoo.com 03/13/03 02:56AM >>>

Thanks to all who replied re this problem. Seems to be
vacuum leak. I will start tracing out lines. Maybe
when I changed out map sensor (which required me to
remove throttle body), I damaged the gasket on body.
Does this sound possible? Is that what is meant by
"belly pan" gasket? But I thought that if I had big
vacuum leak idle would be fluctuating. I have
excellent idle on truck. I appreciate all the expert
advice.

Still new to list and terminology. THank you.

Will