Re: Thermostat?

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Thu Mar 13 2003 - 21:50:50 EST

If you're running hotz, then the t-stat isn't stuck open. If you haven't
had it done in the last couple of years, get the coolant system flushed (and
maybe have the heater core backflushed).... If you want to go the cheap
way first, replace the tstat and radiator cap, that'll be less than $10
altogether (if you do the tstat yourself). If you still have the problem,
get the system flushed as stated above..... I had a similiar problem where
my heater core was clogged even after having the system flushed. So I got
luke-warm air. Had it flushed, then back-flushed for $65 I think. Our
trucks are pretty easy to do (Well, GenIII's are anyway). Also, if you're
coolant just happens to be orange, like rusty colored, that's a big problem.
That's what I had happen, but it's very rare thing to happen.

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L