Re: Universal Rims?

From: Jason Bleazard (jason.dml@bleazard.net)
Date: Fri Mar 14 2003 - 18:11:14 EST

> They have a universal patern, however were thinking they might only fit a
> 5 lug patern.

Some lug patterns are more popular than others, but I've never heard of a
universal pattern. I'm sure in this context the word "universal" probably
means "fits Chevrolet". :-P

> Would they work on a 6 lug patern??

You can get adapters. Personally, I don't like the whole adapter idea.
Rather than bolting the rim to your axle, you bolt this metal ring to your
axle, then bolt the rim to that. Lots of people use them, though.

Trying to use 5 lug wheels without adapters is a lot like trying to wear a
4 fingered glove (assuming you still have all 5 fingers and haven't lost
any while working on your Dak).

--
Jason Bleazard  http://www.bleazard.net  Toronto, Ontario

Didn't you read the disclaimer? http://www.they.com/disclaimer