Thanks Sam and All

From: Ken Allgood (kenallgood@cox.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 00:20:52 EST

First - Sam, sorry didnt' get back to ya, but it's for a good reason,
serious! :-) Was taking the Dakota out for a test drive and then hit the
movies.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for insights/suggestions. I put about 4 hours
into it last night, and guess what, couldn't get it started.. acckk (even
after I know I went to TDC on every cylinder and tightened them correctly..
or so I thought)..... Buddy of mine came over today, and sounded like a
possible firing order problem..... 2 hours, we know firing order is right,
everything is hooked up right... Sam provided some thougtfull insight -
Rockers probably tightened too much (duhhh)..... Off with the Cover
(AGAIN), go through the adjusting routine again, hour later, start it up and
WOW IT WORKS!!! :-) So, about another hour later, everything is back
together....Took it for the test drive... Everything is running good,
sounds nice!

I am thinking that maybe some of the rockers are a tad loose, but it could
just be the new lift... I think it idles a bit lower now (around 550 RPM,
Versus about 600 RPM before), and sitting still while in drive, it vibrates
a little bit... Engine isn't stumbling, so I'm guessing the high lift is
what's doing it (I know a performance geared cam has the same effect, that's
what it's like, but to a much smaller degree). It's noticable, but not like
it's going to vibrate you for a massage. No rattling/clanking at all from
the rockers, so sounds very good.

note: Headers are going in hopefully next week or so, cannot wait! :-)

Oh yeah, test drive.. After 50 miles, I got into it a couple of times.
Feels pretty good. I did change out the Mopar CA PCM and put the stocker
back in with the hypertech on, so PTM is still learning.. Won't know for
sure how much of a change it made until I get it back to the track

Ken Allgood
97 CC SLT 5.2L