RE: Truck won't start when warm....

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 16 2003 - 11:50:56 EST

Bad Coil?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of
B1LLYW@aol.com
Sent: Sunday, March 16, 2003 10:09 AM
To: aol@dakota-truck.net
Subject: Re: DML: Truck won't start when warm....

In a message dated 3/16/2003 10:18:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,
dakota1994@hotmail.com writes:

> i've got a big problem. all winter my 94 ran great. now that it has
> gotten
>
> warm, it is having problems starting. it usually starts right up in
> the
> morning, but later on after driving it and shutting it down, then
going to
> start, it won't. it just cranks... at this point i am not getting
spark.

> i can smell gas. i am going to take it in monday for diagnostic
> checks. i
>
> don't think it's anything major. some sensor or something. anybody
> have
> problems like this before?? i still have a chance to day of fixing
it...
> it is in the driveway while i drive my parents old minivan... so i
need it

> fixed as soon as i can...
> thanks for any help...

Leaky fuel injector perhaps? When the truck is cold, the fuel has time
evaporate. When the truck is warm, the fuel pools and the truck won't
start,
sort of the same effect as flooding a carburator.

Bill White - http://www.bionicdodge.com
See Items For Sale On My Website

'02 Dakota QC 4x4, SLT +, 4.7, 5 spd, 3.92 LSD
'95 Dakota CC 4x2, SLT, 318, 5 spd, 3.55 LSD