RE: Load Capacity - Roadmaster Active Suspension system

From: raymond.irons@gm.com
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 13:18:50 EST

Kudos to Bill Nissley for the info on this kit. I called and ordered mine
but was told that the kit for the Dakota was on sale for $199 due to a
slightly different setup used to attach the kit to the rear spring shackel.
After mentioning that I had been informed the price was $179, they agreed
to sell it to me for that price. I got the kit, installed it and I am
impressed. It has improved the ride and handling of the truck a good deal.
The weekend after I installed the kit, my Dad asked me to stop at Lowes to
pick up some rock salt for his water softener system. I already had 240
pounds of rock salt in the bed (3 bags) and I loaded an additional 320
pounds at the rear of the bed. Driving to my folks house, they are several
back twisty roads and usually my truck would roll quite a bit. Going up, no
problem, the truck rode level and handled great. I couldn't really push it
due to patchy icing conditions on the roads. On the way home, the sun had
come out and all ice was gone. I still had the original 3 bags of salt
lying directly over the axle. I was able to push a little harder and the
truck responded wonderfully. I'm really glad I put this kit on my truck.
Thanks again to Bill for letting us in on this deal.

Ray Irons
Dover, DE