re: Re: Truck won't start when warm....

From: Brett Forehand (brett4hand@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 17 2003 - 13:40:48 EST

Hey Mike,
my '94 Dak had very similar problems last year. You could dig through the
archives to find it around April '02. My advice is to keep it simple. I'd
check the coil harness first (that's what was wrong with mine). Then I'd
replace the coil. A new coil should only run you about 35 bucks for a
stocker, or you could pony up for an Accel or MSD.

I spent a lot of time and money to fix mine (egr valve/solenoid, new plug
wires, cap, rotor, crank position sensor, distributor pick-up plate), also
checked the infamous "bad-splice-under-the-fuse-box" area.
Damned thing didn't throw ANY codes, so it was a real bear to figure out.
It ended up being the coil harness (the little plug on the bottom of the
coil). So again, I'd check the harness first, then the coil. Good luck!

Later,
Brett Forehand
'94 Dakota CC Sport 5.2 Auto NEW bumper goes on tomorrow!