Re: Warped PowerSlot Rotors

From: Josh Battles (jbattles@bankfinancial.com)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:30:19 EST

Have you contacted power slot? I've managed to eek 43K out of this set of
stock brakes no warpage, and I'm pretty heavy into autoX... The originals
warped after 200 miles and were replaced by the dealer. I haven't had any
problems since. Maybe you have a stuck caliper or something? I've been
thinking about going with the power slots but after hearing about warpage a
few times, I think I might have to go with brembo or stillen instead....

--
-Josh
2000 Dakota CC 3.9L

""Brian T. Carter"" <Brian.Carter@texian.org> wrote in message news:BE36D68E188B54488A0FD2AF3C96AAF3B13D@tehuantepec.ds.texian.org... > > With only about 20K miles on them (84K on the truck) I have managed to > warp my PowerSlot rotors and thereby ruin my Raybestos QS $50 pads. > > So now what...I am looking at Stillen XD, but I think I want XD and > slotted. I know the PowerSlots were on a Brembo blank, so they were > good, but I need something even better. I refuse to believe that my > driving habits are significantly different now from every vehicle I have > ever had (Bronco IIs, Mustang IIs, Datsun KingCabs). > > This makes two sets of rotors I burned through, and I know I am not > generating as much heat as all these trucks and cars that get raced > every weekend. > > Any recommendations for something that can take/dissipate more heat than > the PowerSlots? > > Thanks, > BTC > 2000 QC, 4.7L 4x4