Re: Foglights

From: John (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Wed Mar 19 2003 - 18:17:40 EST

I simply cut the factory plug off of the harness, installed the connectors
that came with the fog lights and plugged them into the wires hanging off
the back of the fogs. As far as the lights shorting through the mounting
bracket, this should be impossible since you are mounting the fog light
mounts to the factory fog light mounts which are plastic. I have no idea if
I have + running to both wires going to the lights as it worked the first
time I plugged them in and I saw no need to troubleshoot something that
worked :)

HTH,
John

<snip>
John could you please explain when you say change the factory wiring
harness. I also bought that kit but returned it because I tried to tap into
harness and the mounting bracket would short out and cause lights to stay on
continually. Also what year DAK do you have? Are both your fog light leads
supplied with 12V all the time? They are on my '00. I need to replace my
factory fogs and haven't found an acceptable replacement yet. I have a few
suggestions thanks to everyone on the list.
<unsnip>