Re: RE: exhaust

From: Kevin Sellstrom (ksellstr@softcom.net)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 01:10:16 EST

I've helped put several Gibson cat-back kits on and can say they are first
rate and performed well. On The Durango w/5.2 the gibson sounds
nice! It's authoritative, very noticeable under load, but tasteful...NOT
obnoxiously loud or ricey.

It burbles nice at idle and rumbles smoothly when cruising. There are no
resonant spots that create that annoying drone at certain speeds/RPM's
either. As for power, it only gained a few HP by the G-tech, but when
combined with the smoother intake (K&N FIPK & Gibson cat-back) the Durango
gained about 14+ HP and 20+ lb ft. Once mom eased up on the throttle, she
also gained 1-2 MPG with the combination of intake and exhaust. She's
still pretty hard on the throttle...the little-ol lady from Pasadena ;)

The Gibson is a 3", maybe a little big for the 5.2. There was a noticeable
reduction in torque at idle to about 1100/1200, but it's MUCH smoother and
stronger from there on up. I doubt you'd be disappointed with any of the
options.

Kevin

At 12:21 AM 3/21/2003 -0500, you wrote:
> [...]

Kevin Sellstrom, W6KTB E-Mail:ksellstr@softcom.net
             ***Wilton, California***

'99 Dodge Dakota CC, 4x4, 5.2,
'69 Dodge D200, 4x2, 318,

Also: '83 Volvo 244Ti, '85 Volvo 244, '68 Volvo 122S, '98 Specialized
Rockhopper A1FS