RE: RE: RE: RE: exhaust

From: Rick Barnes (barnesrv@attbi.com)
Date: Fri Mar 21 2003 - 06:54:59 EST

Thanks. I am thinking of removing mine.
Rascal

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net
[mailto:owner-dakota-truck@bent.twistedbits.net] On Behalf Of RayB
Sent: Friday, March 21, 2003 1:01 AM
To: dakota-truck@dakota-truck.net
Subject: DML: RE: RE: RE: exhaust

I'm sure it does in some cases. My '92 came with a 3" in/out cat and my
testing showed no difference either way. (at least prior to my last cam
change) Now that I'm shifting at 6000 rpm it might be somewhat of a
restriction but I haven't used it lately. I'm too addicted to that sound.
:-)

To elaborate slightly....IMHO, a 2 1/2 inch in/out cat for V6's and 4.7 V8's
or a 3" for 5.2 and 5.9 V8's would not hurt your performance or fuel
economy. Your exhaust would be louder without a cat and there's a risk of
loosing some low-end torque if your exhaust system is too free flowing for
the modification level and rpm range of your engine.

HTH.

RayB