inner fender wells

From: Eric Luce (ontheluce@adelphia.net)
Date: Sat Mar 22 2003 - 19:21:26 EST

Hi All.
  Many of us with the 4X2 Dakotas have experienced the "baked bushings"
syndrome with our upper control arm bushings. I seem to recall (a while
back) someone posting something about the newest models having extended heat
shields already secured to the inner fender well lip, possibly on the R/T
models. Does anyone else recall this discussion? I will be replacing my
toasted marshmallows with urethane units in the near future, and don't want
to see them cooked to "well-done" before they have had a chance to see
break-in. Does anyone have a part number available for the pair (assuming
they are available) ??
Thanks in advance for your help, guys !

Eric Luce
'99 Dak CC, SLT