RE: WRAP for Air Filter

From: RayB (bpracing@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Sun Mar 23 2003 - 15:07:58 EST

Geez, throw that thing away!! That has to be hurting your gas mileage as
well as performance. On my '92, the first time I went to the track I
gained a tenth of a second and a half mile per hour in the quarter by
removing it (and it was clean). Also, if you'd like a little more
performance, remove the plastic shield that's in front of the air intake
hose beside the radiator. You didn't ask, but.... I've found in my testing
that a drop-in K&N filter worked no better than a clean Fram air filter so
don't bother with that expense either.

RayB