Re: Control Arm bushings

From: Tubamirbls@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 11:03:30 EST

Hi Tom
      I had a warranty replacement of an upper A-arm (2wd) because the grease
seal fot its ball joint had failed rendering the ball jt defective. It's
astonishing to me that the front suspension components are engineered and
built in such a way that both normal wear or unexpected failure requires
replacement of often large assemblies when only one part of same needs
replacement.
     I don't know if a special procedure and/or tool(s) are required to
replace worn control arm bushings. Did you check the factory Svs Man? I
might guess that based upon the approach to suspension components I've
encountered that no service parts for your problem are contemplated, hence a
new control arm (w/rubber bushings of course) is MoPar's approach.
     You should go on the Internet and check the parts offerings by the
several firms that specialize in suspension modifications. Most offer poly
bushing replacements for key suspension parts and maybe your model truck's
control arms are among them

Paul Sahlin