Re: 92 Dak v-8 belly pan gasket and cata

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Wed Mar 26 2003 - 13:40:28 EST

Well, since your Cat needs replaced, anyway, Get yourself a Hole saw.....
I've hever heard of a belly pan causing a truck not to start and run... just watch your oil.....

>>> k_kodiak2@yahoo.com 03/26/03 10:52AM >>>

Hello,

I've discovered (and my neighbor mechanic) that my cat
is clogged. He drilled a hole in the cat and put some
sort of sensor in it. Came up red. So cat is clogged.
Also, I found good amount of oil inside air intake
when I removed throttle body. So now I have a blown
belly pan gasket. I've been reading through archives,
but I can't find info re symptoms that I have.

Two questions:
1. Could the clogged cat cause truck to stall when put
in gear? It idles okay. Occasional rpm lope.

2. Could the bad belly pan gasket cause the truck to
stall when under load?

This is kinda like which came first the chicken or the
egg. But I need to know. Towing is really expensive
out here and I want to fix the part the gets my truck
going. Don't need a tow if it's the belly pan gasket.

Thank you for your help.

Will