Re: DML:was Another Kill now Bike Talk.

From: BARRY OLIVER (DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us)
Date: Thu Mar 27 2003 - 10:56:34 EST

"BARRY OLIVER" <DHSPA58@dhs.state.il.us> wrote:

: Well, I know about the 'busa... I have a buddy that put both Nitrous AND a turbo kit on one... I am scared to drive it... I can't ride a cruser, they just handle so bad....

>>> jon@dakota-truck.net 03/26/03 05:56PM >>>
  I guess it all depends on your perspective. I certainly enjoy
going through the twisties, but I also have no need to go through them
at insane speeds. (Especially on a public highway - you just have no
control over the environment or road conditions.) I am very happy
with the way my Intruder handles the twisties - its great for me. In
fact, I plan to install extended forks on it eventually which will
certainly not help in the handling department. ;-) My previous
bike was an FZR600R which was certainly more capable than I was as a
rider. It was a fun bike, but only for 30 minutes at a time (that's
about when the back/butt/knee pain would start) ;-) On my cruiser
I can stretch out and just motor down the highway. :-)

Criusers and goldwings are good highway bikes. 90% of my riding is in town and "sporting around" not just droning down the highway. If everybody wanted the exact same thing out of their bike, they would only make one kind....